Monday, January 12, 2015

Our Melbourne Zoo Adventure

Our day out too Melbourne Zoo

Tip: Make sure you have a full 8+ hours of sleep the night before visiting the Melbourne Zoo. The Melbourne Zoo is a whole day activity, and when visiting with kids you will NEED your energy.
Kids tend to be a little overwhelmed and extremely excited when at the zoo; SO BE PREPARED.

When visiting the Melbourne Zoo there were a few main things that jumped out at me. Firstly, the Zoo has amazing trees, plants and just overall beautiful surroundings. Its so green and pretty that when you're visiting the Zoo you almost feel as if your in a wild, beautiful forest.
Secondly I noticed how environmentally friendly the zoo is, and the awareness they are trying to achieve. They had a few activities on for the kids to join; one of them being a phone activity. Long story short, the activity was too encourage people too recycle mobile phones! Little things like this can help the zoo in a big way.
An lastly how could I not notice the MASSIVE line. It seemed that every one in Melbourne was visiting the Zoo on Sunday.. BUT I must say, it did not take long at all to actually get into the Zoo, I was impressed.

Personally I wouldn't visit the zoo with all my adult friends, as I just think i'd get a little bored easy. It really is an amazing place to take the kids as a family. The smile on my two little nieces faces were priceless. Every animal seemed to light up there face and they were just full of joy all day.
If you're thinking of somewhere to take the kids these school holidays I would defiantly take them too the Zoo- Its an activity they won't forget. (don't forget my Zoo giveaway is still running... Two family passes to be won!)

We started our Zoo adventure off with a picnic. On the beautiful green grass in the middle of the Zoo we all sat and ate our lunch! I packed some yummy rolls, juice boxes and some naughty snacks. Of course you can purchase your food at the Zoo's take away store, plus they even have a bakery now. But sometimes I would just prefer to take a little cute picnic and eat in the beautiful garden, and how could we not when it was just a sunny beautiful day!

All together I think we walked around the Zoo for about 3-4 hours. Honestly, we didn't even get to see ALL of the animals in that time, The Zoo is huge!!!
By the time we walked around for 3-4 hours the kids plus us adults were so very tired.
It really is a whole day activity and I suggest you arrive early in the morning.
For those who are Zoo crazy and love seeing the animals all the time, I recommend getting a zoo membership.
A Zoo membership gets you access to the 3 Victorian Zoos for a whole year.
The Zoos include;
- Healsville sanctuary
- Werribee open range zoo
- Melbourne Zoo
More information can be found at; http://www.zoo.org.au/melbourne


All in all, I had a fantastic day! I lovemaking the kids happy and taking them to places that they endlessly talk about. The Zoo is an experience for the kids and they are educated while having a bunch of fun!
If you and your family would love to visit the Melbourne Zoo, Healsville Sanctuary or Werribee Open Range Zoo then enter my competiton on my previous post!
Good Luck and I hope to hear about your fantastic adventure to the Zoo :)


The most important part of the day was that the girls enjoyed themselves. They forever had huge smiles on their faces and were in love with the animals. Its really good to be able to educate your kids about animals and the environement while their young. The best bit is; they'll be buggered by the time you leave & they'll sleep aaaall the way home!! ;)












0 comments:

Post a Comment