Thursday, May 21, 2015

Nutella Protein Squares (home made)

Nutella Protein Squares 

treat yourself to something that good for you

Lately I've been extremely naughty with snacking and eating not so good meals. But I am SO motivated to get back into it, eat healthy and regularly smash gym! 

I'm sure it happens to everyone, where you work so hard at the gym and when you get home your starvingggggggg. An most of the time your hungry for something naughty like chocolate or take away. So how can you still stay good and stick to your good routine? 
PROTEIN SNACKS... They're the best type. 

Derrimut Caroline Springs first brought my attention to the Nutella protein squares. They would be the best treat after gym, so addictive. But paying like $5 for a couple of squares of nutella squares wasn't great for my bank account.... SO my sister and I decided to give making them a go! 




- Nutella 
- Chia seeds 
- Coconut oil 
- Oat bran
- Whey Protein 
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut 















To be completely honest with everyone, we didn't even really follow a recipe. We did some research into what goes into the protein squares and just winged it. 
We put a whole medium size tub of nutella in a bowl, chucked two handfuls of oats and whey protein in, a few sprinkles of chia seeds and melted some coconut oil down. Mixed it all up until it was a thick texture but runny enough to smoothly spread across a tray (with baking paper on it). 
THIS IS A NO BAKE RECIPE
We simply then chucked it into the fridge and let the mixture set. After the mixture had set over night we cut the mixture into little squares. 
These bad boys were DELICIOUS, oh my lord.
Ok maybe I've been snacking on them too much, but they're just so good. 
I am just lucky that we made such a big batch, it will last us a week or so. 

These nutella squares are fantastic for a snack after a big workout, because they give you all of that needed protein, and well taste amazing. 
You must give them a go! Make them yourself or head into a Derrimut as they all stock up on these bad boys. 

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe- life saver! I must try this soon and see how I go. I am also spending shit loads on the Derrimut ones and it's no good for my bank account either. Do yours taste about the same or better (more chocolatey)? Also have you tried the chocolate brownie from Derrimut? I just died and resurrected!!!!!

    ReplyDelete