Sunday, June 28, 2015

Erskine Falls- Lorne

Erskine Falls
Rated 4.5 stars on Trip Advisor 

Located only 5 minutes out of the main strip of Lorne, is the most beautiful waterfall I've visited. I've seen a few waterfalls in my time but this waterfall was situated in a gorgeous Rainforest with the best vibe. 


The thing I loved most about this waterfall is that it wasn't a far walk at all to get to. Most falls make you walk so far and up and down so many steps, but this waterfall was less then a minute away from the car park. 
It has two different railed lookouts, the upper and the lower and its the perfect place to take photos from. On the lower lookout you can go on a very adventurous walk along where the falls flow. This walk is for "experienced hikers only", because of the very slippery mud and rocks. But oh boy, it is worth it. The trail has been overgrown with nature, and its just so peaceful and beautiful. The raindrops fall off of the leaves and some of the prettiest most unique birds fly around. 






I know as a child my dad used to take my brother, sister and I to rain forests all the time. That was our adventure day, not shopping, bowling or places that kids usually go to. Our adventures on the weekend would be something we're we would get active, and see picture perfect places. I remember we would often go too Mount Macedon, and some of the best memories we had weren't even on the track. An what I mean by that, is I remember one time we pulled over on the side of the road, and we climbed up this massive hill into the rain forest. No designated walking track (and probably not the correct hiking foot wear) but it was some of the best fun!
An thats what I promote to families these days, family activities don't always have to cost money! An its not always healthy to chuck your kids in front of the TV or give them some technology so they be quiet. Get your kids to play outside, its healthy for them to be outdoors and get some dirt on them! Adventure to beautiful outdoors places, they're not hard to find!
Melbourne has a number of places to visit, and Erskine Falls is one of them!
I know I'll be making numerous trips back to Lorne, as I loved everything about the place. It was like Rain Forest meets Coastal beach and everything in between was a beautiful chilled town.

Sometimes we truly forget how beautiful our surroundings are. Majority of people travel far places and dream about destinations on the other side of the world, but we forget that we have some of the most beautiful places in the world right on our door step. 
I personally have a long list of places that I want to travel too including Asia, USA, Europe, and the list goes on. But I need to adventure around my own country as well, I need to visit the places that are the reason so many tourists come here. 

Love your surroundings, appreciate your own country. 
Visit Erskine falls and you won't regret it; a beautiful family day out xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment