Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Picture perfect day- Hanging Rock

Hanging Rock.

Hanging Rock (Mt. Diogenes) is a rare volcanic formation located near the townships of Woodend & Mount Macedon in Victoria, Australia.

It is home of the Hanging Rock Cup & Races, and setting of the world renown novel & film Picnic at Hanging Rock. It is also home to various events and a wide array of native flora and fauna.

Macedon Ranges is one of my favourite places to adventure. Its the perfect place to plan a little get away day. Your surrounded by the beauty of nature, and theirs just so many attractions. I was taken to Mount Macedon and surroundings as a little kid for a weekend adventure. My dad lived in Gisborne so Mount Macedon wasn't very far at all. But he loved showing me forests and all the great places that were around Macedon Ranges. Maybe thats why all of these places have such meaning to me, because I would always come here as a kid. But all I know, is that I'll be taking my children and family here one day too- and hopefully it will follow on for generations and generations... because this beautiful place can't be forgotten.

So I decided that on my day off, I would take for an adventure with Jake. We really needed a day away from all of our stress and we needed to get back in touch with nature. So I thought that Hanging Rock would be the perfect place to visit. The night before I cooked in the kitchen and prepared for our picnic at Hanging rock ( ha ha get it). I packed a bag full of Jake and I's favourite snacks... mostly healthy of course.
Hanging rock is only about a 30 minute drive from my house, and the drive their is bliss.
I love driving through Gisborne as I used to live their and it bring back so many memories of the amazing town.
As we got to Hanging Rock we were a little bit shocked that you had to pay to get in now, but as I thought about it- its totally understandable. They need some sort of money too keep up the maintenance of the place, and also to pay the staff at the cafe and things like that. From what I can remember, for a car load it was $10.

As I started walking up the trail I remembered just how unfit I was, and thought to myself.... wow U really need to get back to the gym asap. But as we walked all the way to the top, I felt amazing. I was smiling ear to ear as I loved these sorts of views and walks. It took us a while to get up to the top as jake loves posing for a selfie... haha!
But it was honestly such a picture perfect day, and what I mean by that is its everything you see others posting about on Instagram when you think oooo, I need to go there.

I think its so very important that people remember to get outdoors and find some fresh air. We are often too caught up in everything social media and technology related. Its unhealthy for our wellbeing! Its time to get outdoors of a weekend, and remember all the fantastic places you went as a kid. Organise a picnic and make a spontaneous trip somewhere, it truly will do you good.


We took some great shots (iPhone camera at its best)!







0 comments:

Post a Comment