Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Start the day off properly

Breakfast- The most important meal of the day.

As of lately, I keep hearing of people skipping breakfast more and more often. Do people not remember when we were told as kids that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
Well its not a myth guys, its a fact!

I've noticed more now that I'm grown and work full time hours often, that breakfast is so very important. An I can't stress that to anyone enough.
Breakfast is what fuels you for the day, so when you skip it and realise that around 11-12pm that you're feeling like crap and need a nap, remember WHY. Your body needs that energy in the morning, it needs to be waken up and given great food too boost your energy.

Fact- A COFFEE IN THE MORNING IS NOT BREAKFAST.

An do not get me started with kids and breakfast!!! Kids need a good breakfast before they go too school, its the number 1 priority. You can tell in a classroom which kids do and don't have breakfast in the morning. Because the kids who don't will be nearly falling asleep on their desk.
An its as simple as saying, kids who don't have breakfast in the morning have a massive more likely chance to fail then kids that do. Let me explain it too you;
Kids don't have breakfast in the morning> feel tired/uninterested/no energy> don't participate in learning> don't learn> fail.
S I M P L E.

OK, enough of the lecture haha. I've decided to share with you all what I have for breakfast as of lately.
- Golden syrup Oats with strawberries on top or
- Muesli with yoghurt and fruit
- Berry and banana smoothie with chia seeds on top



I always make sure that I have a smoothie in the morning, its my favourite! 
Its what gives me that energy I need for the rest of the day. 
I can tell when I haven't had my smoothie as I'm just not performing at my full potential. I get extremely tired and I'm just a zombie. 

How I make my smoothie:
I recently brought just a cheap blender from K-mart, and its amazing. This is what I use to blend my smoothie each morning. 
I buy frozen berries from any Woolworths, Coles or Safeway. I sometimes mix it up and buy the tropical frozen mix, which is yummy as well. 
In the blender I chuck in a hand full of frozen berries, and one chopped up banana!
(bananas are the best for energy)
I then poor about half a cup of my lactose milk in. Sometimes ill add a little bit of berry yoghurt in, or even some muesli to make it a bit thicker. Then done, I blend it, poor it in to a cup and then out some chia seeds on top. Delicious! 

For those who don't eat breakfast, or just have something simple like toast.. Try having a health breakfast tomorrow morning, and have a look at the difference in your energy and wellbeing! 
You won't regret it, and its food too look forward too. I would much rather a smoothie, fruit and oats then some boring toast. 
Make the switch and you won't regret it :)

Happy Thursday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment