Monday, March 9, 2015

Blogging 101

BLOGGING 101.
Lately I've been asked by a lot of people how to get into blogging.
Just today I was asked by someone who said "I've seen you post about blogging! It looks so interesting, how do I get into it?"
Some people are generally interested in the whole Blogging situation, but some are interested in the wrong things...

Well to begin with, a lot of people only think its interesting because they see the things I get sent, the "Freebies". But they aren't exactly freebies.... In exchange for the things I get sent, I need to REVIEW the product or event. Its not just as simple as it sounds, it really does take talent.
Yes, thats right... Talent!

To be a successful blogger you need the talent to be able to write well. For me writing is a passion, so it really is a hobby for me! It also includes the need for communication skills, knowledge on brands and of course- honesty!!

Besides all of the "freebies", blogging can be very time consuming and at sometimes stressful.
When bombarded with products and events to review, you are expected too post a review not long after. A good review takes time, research and honest opinions. Sometimes to write a review it can take me up to an hour!
Taking into consideration that I also study & work part time, it can be hard to find a lot of time for Blogging.
But blogging for me is a complete hobby, I love it!
I love that people can depend on me for an honest opinion on a specific product or event.
When people come to me and ask me what my thoughts on something is, or read my reviews, its just the best feeling.
I've always wanted to be some sort of journalist or even an author, but I'm really not that confident in my writing. So blogging is the perfect opportunity to get things off of my chest and really express my thoughts on things! I have future goals, and one day I wish to take blogging full time. This goal is my why, its why I keep blogging and what makes me motivated to keep it going.

So in summary, if you're completely interested in Blogging and you think that you have what it takes, then give it a go. But my advice for you all is do not go into blogging because you think its all about the "Freebies", because you will not get anywhere.
But I wish you all good luck & if you are genuine feel free to ask me any questions :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment