Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Officially 77 days till Christmas

Talking about christmas just puts a big smile on my face! πŸŽ…πŸ˜ŠπŸŒ²
But as everyone should know, one second where counting down for christmas and the next it's already been and gone! But I love the build up, the decorating, the christmas carols, the events, family gatherings, festive food & the giving to loved ones.
As of past years people seem to be getting over christmas a little, forgetting about the decorating and the joy. If we could all just take a step back from our busy lives and enjoy christmas to the fullest, like we used when we were little. I still remember making decorations in primary school, being lucky enough to get that occasional christmas calendar chocolate, or watching a jolly ol' christmas movie. 



Now, christmas is officially 77 days away. If I could give a little advice it would be to start planning ASAP. You don't want to be tight with money around christmas or have important Dates crossing and clashing. So here is what I am doing this time around, EARLY. 
- I am starting my lay bys for presents for family and loved ones
- looking for a christmas tree 
- getting a christmas movie collection started
- getting dates in the calendar and planning ahead
- saving saving saving! 

Most importantly, if you're reading this I want you to take my advice & really just try make things special this year. As little as decorating your house or getting the family all together and making things exciting. An all though christmas isn't all about giving, getting a present for a family member or a friend really is just so special. It shows you care and it can really just change someone's mood instantly. I don't know about you but I love the smell of new wrapping paper and the cute little name tags, it's honestly so exciting and special. 
So this year instead of being the tight ass grinch, I'm going to get everyone around me lighting up with joy of the thought of christmas!!! 😊 

Don't forget about the little things; the bond you have between friendships, the true meaning of family & love, the great feeling when you give to others. 
Have a look into things early this christmas. 
Xo Evie  

0 comments:

Post a Comment